For our non EU clients to enter, live, work and operate in Cyprus our team provides advice and assistance in acquiring all relevant permits required. We navigate our clients through the process of filing a direct application for a Cyprus work permit or through the establishment of a local Cyprus limited company, which will then employ the non EU national, upon the approval of the Migration Department. Permits are also needed by non EU citizens in regard to the acquisition of immovable property. We provide professional services in regards to acquisition of residence permits, employment permits and property acquisition permits for non EU Citizens. In particular, we assist non EU clients to apply and acquire permits on the following grounds:
- Entry visas
- Short term and Long term Residence Permits (through acquisition of property in Cyprus or otherwise)
- Work Permits:
Category C/D (persons who intend to work as self employed in a trade, profession or science in Cyprus).
Category E (persons who have been offered work as executives (Cat. 1) or staff (Cat. 2) of Cyprus companies.Category F (pensioners or other persons who enjoy a secured annual income enabling them to live in Cyprus without having to engage in any business, trade or profession).
- Family reunification permits
- Property acquisition permits
Acquiring Cyprus citizenship entitles a person, amongst others, to live and work in Cyprus without any restriction as well as travel without any formalities within the European Union. There are essentially three ways in which the Cyprus Citizenship can be acquired:
- by naturalisation: be entitled to apply for Cyprus citizenship through naturalisation, an EU citizen or third country national must have resided for a minimum 7 years legally in Cyprus, of which the year preceding the date of application should be full and uninterrupted.
- by exemption: a new immigration initiative has been implemented aiming at facilitating (non EEA) migrant entrepreneurs and investors who, in return for obtaining Cyprus citizenship, are prepared to invest in Cyprus. The new scheme has been established pursuant to amendments to the Cyprus Civil Registry and Migration Law. The scheme is operating efficiently and is based on a ‘fast track’ process, which avoids bureaucracy and unnecessary documents. The investment eventually allows the applicant (and eventually his wife and children) to hold a Cyprus passport and have all the benefits of a Cyprus citizen. This is especially useful for an individual, national of a country outside the European Union, to hold a passport and citizenship of an EU member state country.
- through marriage to a Cyprus citizen.
Our professional team may undertake the full preparation, submission and presentation of the application for citizenship acquisition to the competent authorities.
Head of Department, Victoria Pelengari
T: (+357) 24 201618
F: (+357) 24 201601
T: (+357) 24 201721
F: (+357) 24 201601