The Fourth Oil and Gas Offshore Safety Seminar was held in Athens, organised by the Balkan and Black Sea Petroleum Association. Michael Kyriakides gave an excellent speech with the assistance of our Junior Associate, Eleni neoptolemou.
Seminar Topics were the following:
- OSD and its Implementation in Member States; Lessons learnt from the implementation of OSD;Sharing knowledge,insights for implementation of the Directive: Legal aspects of offshore safety;Regulatory Regime; Prevention policies and procedures;
- The role and function of competent authorities; Interaction between authorities and operators for offshore safety; Cross-boarder cooperation;
- Scientific and educational supprot; personal safety vs. process safety; Analysis of organizational safety psychology; Human risk factors and culture of safety;
- Strategies for offshore safety; Preparedness of authorities to respond;
- Emergency response preparedness; Emergency planning; Oil spill response services in the Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea; Granting exploration rights in the context of offshore safety.