On behalf of our client, the Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), we are seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of Executive Assistant to support the CEO and the Senior Executives of CMMI, situated in Larnaca. The employment period is 5 years with the possibility of an extension.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), is an innovative, non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Larnaca supported by EU funds from the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders.
The role of the Executive Assistant to the CEO is to provide complex administrative support to ensure compliance with the established policies and priorities of CMMI. The candidate will perform a variety of professional and administrative duties that will facilitate the day-to-day operations of CMMI. Assignments will require independent judgment and involve high-level interactions with executive management director and other officials.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO will provide a high level of support dealing with highly confidential materials and will be required to exercise independent judgment and action. This role will required excellent working relationships with leadership and colleagues throughout the CMMI and with interested third parties. More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Review the CEO’s schedule, prioritise tasks and screen and organise phone calls;
- Utilise calendar management to ensure the smooth flow of operations and prioritise the right meetings;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Prepare information packages for meetings and presentations;
- Draft letters and emails;
- Perform clerical tasks (draft and type meeting minutes and miscellaneous correspondence);
- Create multi-city travel itineraries in an efficient way;
- Provide day-to-day logistical and operational support to Senior Executives;
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
- Utilise teamwork to optimise outcomes;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees;
- Build and Maintain relationships with outside vendors and contractors;
- Manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Maintain and update contacts lists;
- Make an inventory of the office supplies and devise more efficient ways of stock keeping;
- Prepare, submit and approve expense reports on behalf of the CEO;
- Prepare regular reports and summaries;
- Monitor payments, when authorised, bills, invoices or other expenses associated with executive or office business activities;
- Collaborate with other members of the executive office staff to evaluate office operations and potential improvements;
- Develop and maintain a project and activity system to ensure that all deadlines and obligations are met as scheduled;
- Ensure that the executive office business activities continue when management is out of the office;
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate filing system;
- Plan events like team-building activities and office parties;
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information received, or within the scope of the position or, as assigned, office budget or account activity;
- Provide management to staff, and leadership to the organization, that aligns with CMMI’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or HR or Law or equivalent;
- At least 1 year in a senior administrative role, preferably with a background in the marine/maritime field;
- Strong proficiency with computer literate;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English.
- Very strong organisational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management, internally and externally;
- Handling personal, sensitive and confidential information with discretion;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities;
- Strong work ethics;
- Confidence and wiling to learn new software programme and other skills;
- Desire to truly be helpful to the CEO and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- A positive outlook and attitude.
- Cypriot or EU citizen or having a Work Permit to work in Cyprus
- Cypriot or EU driving license
- Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice
An attractive remuneration package will be offered.
How to apply:
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For further information please contact us at 24201600.