On behalf of our client, the Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), we are seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of Financial Controller, situated in Larnaca. The employment period is 5 years with the possibility of an extension.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), is an innovative, non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Larnaca supported by EU funds from the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders.
Reporting to the Executive Team, the Financial Controller will have full responsibility for the CMMI's financials. He/she will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and improvement of systems, processes and controls as well as helping formulate and deliver the growth strategy of the CMMI. He/she will also be expected to ensure day-to-day operational excellence.
The Financial Controller will have the primary responsibility of the seeing operational, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting to the management of CMMI, as well as communicating relevant policies and strategy effectively among all employees.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Ensure that the CMMI’s business plan and overall strategic vision are being implement;
- Manage end-to-end delivery of financial planning and forecast projects, including communications, timetables, data requirements, and modelling;
- Drive and manage company results from both the operational and the financial perspective, working closely with the Executive Team members;
- Set up detailed Standard Operating Principles (SOPs);
- Deliver medium-term and long-term cash forecasts by working closely with the Executive Team members;
- Set challenging yet realistic goals for growth, performance and sustainability;
- Support the Executive Team in developing high quality, insightful reporting and robust forecasting;
- Understand, analyse and challenge key operating metrics and drivers;
- Implement robust outcome-focused analysis, contributing to effective decision-making;
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes and procedures;
- Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the CMMI;
- Foster a growth-oriented, positive, and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable regarding company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 10 years of post qualification experience in Finance and Management;
- Working experience in European or International organisations and/or companies will be considered a strong advantage;
- Experience with drafting, organizing and implementing Standards of Operating Principles (SOPs) which govern Centre of Excellence;
- Experience in operating a Centre of Excellence;
- Working experience with SAP will be considered a strong advantage;
- Experience in the management of EU projects will be an advantage;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of how to develop and implement best-practice business processes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking;
- Strong planning, management, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent people management and highly refined interpersonal skills, with ability to lead, motivate, build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and employees;
- Ability to work under pressure and plan personal workload effectively.
An attractive remuneration package plus a performance-related bonus will be offered.
How to apply:
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For further information please contact us at 24201600.