On behalf of our client, the Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), we are seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of Senior Scientist, situated in Larnaca. The employment period is 5 years with the possibility of an extension.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), is an innovative, non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Larnaca supported by EU funds from the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders.
Reporting to the Executive Team, the Senior Scientist will be responsible for overseeing all research operations of the Institute. He/she will be expected to make important to contribute to the delivery of all key research strategies. The Senior Scientist will also have the responsibility of overseeing all of education-related operations within CMMI.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Implement strategic plans for the growth of the research portfolio;
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages the development of skills leading to excellence;
- Promote multi-disciplinary research;
- Establish and maintain collaboration between cross-functional teams;
- Implement measures to facilitate the long-term sustainability of research programs;
- Supervise research programs by determining and assigning tasks, timelines, and milestones;
- Contribute to the dissemination of knowledge acquired through research;
- Provide ongoing evaluation of research programs;
- Monitor and coordinate of educational activities and training programs
- Holder of a PhD in Marine/Maritime Engineering or any other relevant field of engineering
- A minimum of 15 years of working experience at an academic or research institution, involving a minimum of 5 years of research administrative experience;
- Familiarity with European or International Science and Technology Organizations, their structure and operations, will be considered a strong advantage
- Marine/Maritime Industry oriented research and professional activities will be considered a strong advantage;
- Strong proficiency with computer literate;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English.
- Strong analytical and synthetic thinking;
- Strong planning, management, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent people management and highly refined interpersonal skills, with ability to lead, motivate, build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce;
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively.
An attractive remuneration package plus a performance-related bonus will be offered.
How to apply:
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For further information please contact us at 24201600.