Kyriaki Georgiou is an Associate of the Banking and Finance Department at Harris Kyriakides LLC. Kyriaki's areas of expertise involve litigation and arbitration on banking and finance matters. She also advises banks on banking and finance extrajudicial matters, as well as prepares legal documents related to the banking sector.
- Represented local banks in course of foreclosure proceedings under the Transfer and Housing Assets Law of 1965 (9/1965);
- Assisted in the preparation of applications under the Cypriot Trust Law and represented local and international clients in Trust Law proceedings before the Cypriot Courts;
- Advised on legal issued pertaining to the appointment of Receiver / Manager of Companies pursuant to the provisions of Floating Charge instruments;
- Advised and prepared debt restructuring agreements between a major Cypriot bank and various Debtors with Non-Performing Loans (NPLs); and
- Advised on an acquisition of a long-term lease of a property in the industrial area of Larnaca from the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.