Myria Loizou is a Partner of the Corporate Law and Dispute Resolution Department at Harris Kyriakides LLC. Myria focuses in international corporate litigation and arbitration cases, worldwide freezing (mareva) injunctions, Anton Piller/Norwhich Pharmacal proceedings as well as injunctions in aid of foreign proceedings. Myria advises clients on matters relating to shareholder disputes, derivative actions, as well as debt recovery and liquidation proceedings with an international dimension. She also advises on matters relating to the international registration of trademarks through the WIPO’s Madrid System. Moreover, Myria has experience in various matters relating to the Cyprus Company Law as well as Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Regulations.
- Member of the Inspection Committee of Cobalt Air, a Cypriot airline entered into voluntary liquidation on 19/12/2018;
- Represented a major Russian oil company in Cyprus proceedings related to recognition and enforcement of LCIA award, together with ancillary injunctions for freezing of assets and disclosure of financial information;
- Represented various foreign companies as well as individuals in worldwide freezing (mareva) injunction proceedings, asset disclosure and tracing proceedings as well as gagging orders in Cyprus;
- Represented a major Cyprus Company in Cyprus proceedings related to the issuance of a European Account Preservation Order (EAPO) under the provisions of the EU Regulation No 655/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council to facilitate cross-border debt recovery in civil and commercial matters;
- Counselled United States Polo Association on intellectual property matters;
- Represented a Cyprus company to proceedings related to the issuance of a European Enforcement Order through the provisions of the European Union Regulation (EC) No 805/2004 for uncontested claims;
- Represented a major international cement and concrete conglomerate in Anton Piller/Norwhich Pharmacal proceedings in Cyprus; and
- Represented various foreign companies as well as individuals in Cyprus to proceedings related to the enforcement of a European Enforcement Order in Cyprus.