Angela Charalambous is a Partner of the Administrative & Public Law and Family and Estate Department at Harris Kyriakides. Angela's main area of practice is public law, which includes dealing with cases before the Supreme and Administrative Court in relation to disputes arising from public and/or administrative law – including taxation disputes. Her recent work includes providing legal opinions in relation to public law matters, to public entities.
- Provided legal support to public entities. She has given legal advice on employment relationships between organisations and their employees, legal measures, appointments in the public sector and on disciplinary actions of employees;
- Advised public entities on the impact, interpretation and implementation of Cyprus legislation and policies;
- Advised and supported companies as well as European citizens regarding Family law on matters of properties, child nutrition, divorces;
- Provided legal advice to public entities in relation to interpretation and application of Law;
- Reviewed and advised organisations regarding important contracts between their employees;
- Represented before the Supreme District court on behalf of public entities, individuals and private companies;
- Prepared submissions at Administrative court, Family court and District court;
- Preparation of pleadings on matters of appeals, objections, applications, lawsuits;
- Involved in disciplinary proceedings conducted by public entities;
- Drafting of appeals for public entities;
- Legal technical control of draft laws (laws and regulations);
- Hierarchical appeals to the Tender Review Authority;
- Prepared applications regarding divorce proceedings, custodial matters, alimony and property disputes; and
- Involved in numerous important court cases such as a case on child abduction (assisted the Attorney General).