Charikleia Theodoulou is a Partner of the Employment and Property Litigation Department at Harris Kyriakides. Charikleia’s areas of expertise cover negotiation, litigation and arbitration. She focuses on sale, lease and construction agreements of immovable property, related litigation and employment disputes, as well as matters of arbitration. Furthermore, Charikleia provides legal opinions to leading companies in Cyprus in matters of employment and contract disputes. Charikleia has dealt with a range of employment, real estate and property litigation cases. She has substantial experience in advising leading companies, and has represented local businesses and individuals in court proceedings.
- Advised local businesses on employment matters;
- Represented local business and individuals in interim court proceedings in Cyprus;
- Drafted applications submitted to the Labour Court concerning employment disputes;
- Assisted clients in matters related to redundancy and employment termination;
- Drafted Employment Agreements;
- Handled arbitration cases concerning an agreement disputes;
- Drafted applications submitted to the court concerning, inter alia, agreement disputes, property disputes and enforcement of court judgments;
- Assisted in preparing and filing applications to the Land Registry for the issuance of title deeds;
- Drafted pleadings and led hearings on matters of statutory tenancy, evictions, unpaid rents and fair value of rent before the Rent Control Court;
- Represented local businesses and/or individuals before the Labour Court regarding employment disputes;
- Represented local businesses and/or individuals before the District Court regarding concerning agreement disputes, property disputes and unpaid balances;
- Represented local businesses and/or individuals before the Supreme Court regarding appeals, applications for security of costs, applications to extent the timeframe to file an appeal;
- Assisting local businesses and/or individuals for criminal proceedings in relation to unpaid and postated cheques;
- Representing public companies and/or individuals in actions for damages sustained as a result of architectural malpractice, construction defects or deviations from contractual warranties and representations to statutory tenancies;
- Specialises in both advisory and litigation services on repossessions, rent increases, rent recovery and trespassing. Represented the real estate unit of a major financial institution in Cyprus in several cases concerning the occupants of properties either owned or administered and managed by them.