Angeliki Papaefstathiou is an associate of the Banking and Finance Department at Harris Kyriakides LLC. Her main areas of expertise are litigation on banking and finance matters, debt collection, loan recoveries, and liquidation proceedings.
- Provided Legal advice to public entities. Particularly, it provide legal advice on matter in relation to (a) employment relationships between organizations and their employees, (b) the interpretation and implementation of various laws and regulations (c) legal measures, which can be taken by these organisations on various matters they can face, (d) appointments in the public sector (e) on disciplinary offenses of employees;
- Prepared submissions at the Administrative Court in relation to various matters such as premises permits, competitions, planning permits, building permits, appointments to the position in the wider public sector for imposing excise duty and value added tax;
- Prepared appeals to the Administrative Court;
- Prepared actions in relation to unlawful interference on immovable property on behalf of the Attorney-General of the Republic of Cyprus;
- Participated in the proceedings before the Dispute Resolution Committee, which was appointed for the purpose of resolving disputes between the Ministry of Transport and our client, Communication and Works (OSEA) and preparation of pleadings;
- Participated in disciplinary proceedings conducted by public entities;
- Participated in meetings of public entities;
- Revised important contracts signed between these organizations and their employees;
- Legal technical control of draft legal instruments (laws and regulations);
- Appeared before the Administrative Court, District Court, Criminal Court on behalf of these organizations. In addition, I help in cases, those intending to challenge decisions of thee public authorities as well as on behalf of private companies; and
- Represented the Deputy Minister of Tourism before the Criminal Courts on operation of leisure centers and premises without permit from Cyprus Tourism Organization.