Christos Stroppos is a Senior Associate of the Banking and Finance Department of Harris Kyriakides LLC.
He specialises in litigation, arbitration, loan recoveries and liquidation proceedings, EU & Competition Law.
He is a PhD in Law candidate at University of Cyprus on EU Law.
Christos is fluent in Greek, English and German.
- Represented local business before the Commission for the Protection of Competition.
- Represented local business before the District Court and Supreme Court in relation to State Aid.
- Represented local businesses and/or individuals before the Supreme Court regarding appeals;
- Represented local Banking Institutions in Interim Court proceedings in Cyprus;
- Represented a local business in interim Court proceedings to prevent disclosure of confidential information.
- Represented local Banking institutions in legal proceedings in Cyprus.
- Advised clients in relation to the legal framework of Receivership.
- Advised and prepared debt restructuring agreements between a major Cypriot bank and various Debtors with Non-Performing Loans (NPLs);
- Represented local Business before the District Court regarding receivership proceedings.
- Participated as a speaker at the 3rd Cyprus International Tax Conference.
- Participated as a speaker at the NPL Investing and Management Summit.