Angela Charalambous is an Associate of the Administrative Law and Family and Estate Department at Harris Kyriakides LLC. Angela's main area of practice is public law, which includes dealing with cases before the Administrative Court in relation to disputes arising from public and/or administrative law – including taxation disputes. Her recent work includes providing legal opinions in relation to public law matters, to public entities such as the Larnaca Water Board, the Municipality of Ayia Napa, the Cyprus Housing Finance Organisation, the Cyprus Youth Board and the State Health Services Organisation.
- Provided legal support to public entities such as Larnaca Water Board, Larnaca and Ayia Napa Municipality, Cyprus Housing Finance Organisation, Youth Board of Cyprus (ONEK), State Health Services Organisation (OKYY) and Housing Finance Corporation (HFC). She has given legal advice on employment relationships between organisations and their employees, legal measures, appointments in the public sector and on disciplinary actions of employees;
- Advised public entities (including the Larnaca Water Board and municipalities) on the impact, interpretation and implementation of Cyprus legislation and policies;
- Advised and supported companies as well as European citizens regarding Family law on matters of properties, child nutrition, divorces;
- Provided legal advice to public entities (including the Larnaca Water Board and municipalities) in relation to interpretation and application of Law;
- Reviewed and advised organisations regarding important contracts between their employees;
- Represented before the Supreme District court on behalf of public entities, individuals and private companies;
- Prepared submissions at Administrative court, Family court and District court;
- Preparation of pleadings on matters of appeals, objections, applications, lawsuits;
- Involved in disciplinary proceedings conducted by LWB;
- Drafting of appeals for public entities including the Larnaca Water Board, the Municipality of Ayia Napa, the Cyprus Housing Finance Organisation, the Cyprus Youth Board and the State Health Services Organisation;
- Legal technical control of draft laws (laws and regulations);
- Hierarchical appeals to the Tender Review Authority;
- Prepared applications regarding divorce proceedings, custodial matters, alimony and property disputes; and
- Involved in numerous important court cases such as a case on child abduction (assisted the Attorney General).