Andreas Anagnostou is a Partner of the Banking and Finance Department at Harris Kyriakides LLC. Andreas has substantial litigation experience and regularly represents banks and other financial institutions before the Cyprus courts. His areas of expertise include litigation, arbitration, international and domestic debt collection proceedings, liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advised local banks on enforcement measures of domestic judgements in Cyprus and abroad;
- Represented a major local bank in interim court proceedings in Cyprus related to the service of legal documents under the national and EU legislation;
- Represented a major local bank in interim court proceedings in Cyprus related to the jurisdiction of the Cypriot courts under the national and EU legislation;
- Advised Cypriot Companies in relation to the restructuring of corporate facilities and prepared an application for the ratification of the restructuring plan by the Cypriot Court;
- Advised on matters related to the appointment of Receiver / Manager of Companies under the provisions of Floating Charged instruments and prepared relevant documentation;
- Prepared Chabra order applications and represented local banks in Chabra order proceedings before Cypriot Courts;
- Prepared applications under the Cypriot Trust Law and represented local and international clients in Trust Law proceedings before the Cypriot Courts;
- Represented local banks in foreclosure proceedings under the Transfer and Housing Assets Law of 1965 (9/1965).