Any investment in Cyprus property requires professional advice on a variety of issues as property may also be a key component of other projects, including mergers and acquisitions, property finance and commercial projects.
Our real estate practice is at the forefront of the increasingly complex and evolving real estate market in Cyprus. Our practice provides innovative commercial advice to all market participants focusing on sales and acquisitions, title, land use, development, leasing, finance, joint ventures, restructuring, litigation and arbitration. More specifically we advise both individual and corporate clients on:
- transactions and disputes involving commercial and residential property
- sale/purchase agreements involving Cyprus real estate
- acquisition of Cyprus property by foreign nationals
- Cyprus property management for non-residents
- estate planning and administration
- mortgaging and finance
- contractual and/or property disputes
- enforcement of court judgments
- statutory tenancy, evictions, unpaid rents and fair value of rent
- applications and pleadings submitted to the Labour Court concerning employment disputes.
Our highly skilled and experienced team represents international and domestic clients. We provide assistance at the pre-contractual stages through the conduction of a legal due diligence, drafting agreements, advising on the avoidance of claims and disputes, yet also undertake the legal representation of individual or corporate claimants. The litigation handled by the team includes actions against construction companies, developers, contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, suppliers, manufacturers, design professionals, builders, risk insurers for damages sustained as a result of architectural malpractice, construction defects or deviations from contractual warranties and representations. Our team additionally deals with employment law, focusing on employment and legislative matters, related litigation, as well as drafting of employment agreements.